What is the Community Independence Service (CIS)?
CIS delivers unplanned care to patients via two pathways:
- Rapid Response: for urgent help to support acute illness in the community when it is safe and appropriate to do so (response within 2 hours with input for up to 5 days).
- Rehabilitation and reablement (offered for up to 6 weeks). Rehabilitation provides physical and occupational therapies for housebound people to enable them to achieve functional goals and improve their independence. Reablement services are provided in the home to help a person gain confidence and re-learn the skills to carry out daily activities and practical tasks.
- The CIS Liaison service also works within A&E departments and pre admission units to determine if people can be better supported at home or by other non- emergency services rather than through hospital admission.
The CIS Partnership
The 3 Borough Community Independence Service - is about integrating care faster and more thoroughly by drawing on the talents and experience of all in health and social care across the tri-borough to provide the best service for patients.
- London Central and West Unscheduled Care Collaborative
- Central London Healthcare
- London Medical Associates – West London GP Federation
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- Local Authorities in the City of Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
Please see further details here. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Single point of referral number is 0300 033 0333.