Our New Digital Hypertension Service
What is Hypertension?
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension or raised blood pressure, is when your blood pressure, the force of your blood pushing against the walls of your blood vessels, is consistently too high. Around a third of adults in the UK have high blood pressure, although many will not realise it. The only way to find out if your blood pressure is high is to have your blood pressure checked. High blood pressure rarely has noticeable symptoms, but persistent and untreated high blood pressure can increase the risk of several serious and potentially life-threatening health conditions such as heart attacks and strokes.
We are now offering a new way of managing hypertension for our patients, using a mobile application that allows you to submit your blood pressure readings to us from the comfort of your own home.
- If you are eligible for the service, we will invite you to download the Omron application by text message
- You will then be required to download the application using our unique link and complete the registration
- As part of this you will establish whether you have a BP monitoring device or whether you are eligible for an NHS funded device
- Once you have completed the registration and have a BP monitor, our clinical pharmacist will contact you through the app to request your BP reading
- The clinical pharmacist will set up a management plan with you that will be stored and managed in the Omron app
Blood pressure monitors
Our member GP practices, with support from NHS Digital First have invested in blood pressure cuffs to support access for the cohort of patients living with uncontrolled high blood pressure across our local demographic. Patients that are eligible to use a NHS funded blood pressure monitor will be required to collect it from one of four hub GP practices in Central London
- Pimlico Health at The Marven, 46-50 Lupus St, Pimlico, London SW1V 3EB
- Paddington Green Health Centre, 4 Princess Louise Cl, London W2 1LQ
- Randolph Surgery, 235A Elgin Ave, London W9 1NH
- Marylebone Health Centre, Heron House, 17 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5LT
Our Clinical Pharmacists work as part of the practice team to resolve day-to-day medicine issues and consult with and treat patients directly. This includes providing help to manage long-term conditions such as hypertension, advising those taking multiple medicines (polypharmacy) and delivering clinical advice about treatments. It is hoped this system can improve management and health outcomes for patients with hypertension.