Clinical Pharmacists in General Practice
Clinical Pharmacists provide specialist medication expertise and help support patients to manage long term conditions through medicine optimisation and improve patient care by increasing communication between general practice, community and hospital pharmacy.
CLH employs a team of Clinical Pharmacists on behalf of Member Practices.
The Clinical Pharmacy Service provide:
- Chronic disease management and clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex poly pharmacy.
- Non - medical prescribing support.
- Primary support for general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries.
- Support with acute prescription requests, medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing,
- Providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of the patient.
- Clinical leadership on medicine optimisation
- Quality improvement
- Management of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
- Support practices with community integration and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload.
- Improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies.