Care Coordination Service
What is the Care Co-ordination Service (CCS)?
The Care Co-ordination Service will give extra support to those that need it the most. The CCS will work with you to make a plan for your future care that will centre on your goals for your health and well-being as well as what actions you can take to achieve them. We can then work as a team to support you to complete your actions.
The Care Co-ordination Service will help you and the GP Practice by:
- Helping to create a care plan tailored to your needs and goals.
- Booking and coordinating your appointments.
- Referring you to the services identified in your care plan.
- Being a single contact point for all of your referral, care plan and co-ordination queries.
- Assisting you to better maintain and improve your health and well being.
- Checking in with you regularly to see how you are getting on and providing encouragement.
- Extra support to those who feel their health is declining and need help to improve or maintain it.
- Assistance for anyone who is struggling to co-ordinate care for themselves/someone they care for.
Who is eligible for this service?
Any patient can access CCS to assist them in booking referral appointments. Extra support through proactive care will be provided to:
- Anyone over the age of 65 years
- Anyone over the age of 18 who has one or more long-term condition
- Anyone whose clinician agrees they would benefit from the service
Getting extra support through CCS?
There are two ways:
- Your Practice will contact you as they think you might benefit from the extra help. It will be your decision whether you want to accept the support they offer
- Ask your GP about the service and discover whether it can be offered to you
If you would like to find out more about this service you can contact us on 0333 200 1234 or email email@example.com